Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Comfort Shows

One of my favorite shows is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.. The character development is really interesting as the seasons progress. I love Charlie Day, he stays consistently funny throughout the whole show. They also came out with a new season this year and it's surprisingly still funny. It's surprising because its their 15th season and somehow they manage to still remain relevant and up to date with their jokes.

At this point I'm basically rewatching episodes as if I had nothing better to watch. Why do we tend to do that? Rewatch comfort shows even though we can almost predict the punch line, yet it's still funny every time. And sometimes you just want to have a show on in the background while you do other things, you know? It's Always Sunny and The Office are the only shows I'm able to rewatch and genuinely enjoy every time. They're great background shows. What are your comfort shows?

12 comments:

  1. Hmm... interesting timing. I have two in recent memories. The first is a documentary movie: AlphaGo and the second is an old sci-fi show, Earth Final Conflict -- the first season only.

    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia? I'll check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always Sunny is great.

    I think my favorite episode is still where they decide to try and short the energy market by selling fuel. That whole "going to the gas station, filling up drums, and then trying to resell it" bit was pure gold.

    The Office is a masterpiece too. The "Fire Safety" scene is something I still regularly watch on Youtube.

    In fact, I'm gonna go watch that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watch either of those. My go to series that I will watch 50 million times is "Revenge." My show that I have on for background noise is SpongeBob (I'm forever going to love cartoons).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rewatching my comfort show Kakegurui. It's an anime about gambling, but the characters are so different and unique in their own way, that no matter how many times I watch it, I will watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen Always Sunny before. I don't usually watch those sit-com type of shows. Only one I've enjoyed was Psych!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frank and Charlie are THE BEST duo of any TV Show I've ever seen in my life lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The Office" was my comfort show for sure. Watched it too many times to count. Even used the show as background noise haha. Maybe it is a good thing they took it off of Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have to say my comfort shows are Criminal Minds and Grey's Anatomy. I like to go back and watch random episodes from either show. I have watched them both completely through at least twice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a good question: why do we tent to watch comfort shows over and over again when we already know what the outcome is? hahah. I do the same thing. I watch the Martin and Sandford and Son show repeatedly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen Always Sunny, but I heard it was great. I plan on watching it at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Friends" is my absolute favorite, I also like "The Office" too but I mostly rewatch Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a friend in the Army who loved that show. He would constantly reference it in conversation like the "D.E.N.N.I.S" method or "I'll be gone till November".

    ReplyDelete