Friday, February 4, 2022

Wiseguys

Last Wednesday I went to an open mic night for the first time as a first date. We went to Wiseguys, its a local comedy club located in downtown. It was a great experience and would definitely check that place out again for open mic nights, they have them every Wednesday. The two hour show was only $5 for entry and you get to sit through about fifteen comics preform their stand up. There are some really funny people who go up and tell local jokes that only people who live in Vegas would find hilarious. But just like there were some good ones, there were some bad ones unfortunately. For example there was this one guy whos first time preforming happened to be that night. His whole stand up revolved about him being anxious about it being his first time and how he had forgotten all of his material.... and thats it. To this day, I still don't know if that really was his material or if he actually had forgotten all of it haha. Regardless, it was pretty entertaining to watch and recommend you guys checking it out (:

15 comments:

  1. I have never been to an open mic night. $5 entry fee sounds reasonable. Maybe I'll check it out some time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's this comedy show at the SouthPoint, it's a free show every Friday night called Dirty at 12:30. It's at 12:30 at night and it's a two hour comedy show with different comedians and they tell NSFW jokes. It's a great show and the best part about it, it's FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun, will for sure check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love comedy shows. I wish it was on one of the days I am off from work. I hoe I get the opportunity to see one of the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Open mic sounds like fun, Maybe someday I will go to an open mic show. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm wondering, too...did he actually forget, or was that the whole point???

    Comedy plus a mystery. Not a bad deal for five dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wanting to go to a stand up comedy show. I may have to check it out then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have watched comedy movies and shows, but never a stand up comedy. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been to an open mic as well in Seattle, they are really fun! I would also recommend piano bars if you haven't tried any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love comedy shows! I've never been to local ones, but I really enjoy popular comics like Dave Chappelle or Kevin Hart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Open mic night would be terrifying to me I think it takes a lot of courage to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would never be able to perform at an open mic night, but I love going to them to see stand up comedy, spoken words, and live music

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so rough, I can only imagine how nervous he was. It sounds like a fun night! I will keep this place in mind for when someone wants to try something funny. Then again the closest to an open mic. is karaoke for me.

    ReplyDelete